I live by these

"Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know it so it goes on flying anyway"

Meaning : Science is not everything , a living being has enormous potential and ability to surpass expectations !

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Back to the Future

Man is an impatient animal . He has tried to gain supremacy over everything and the fact that futuristic events are not in man's control makes it even more compelling for him . That's how Octopus Paul becomes famous - people can't wait for the event to unfold and determine the results - they want to know the tomorrow today . With 2012 approaching , everybody is dusting off Nostradamus's prophecies or looking around anxiously for clues to the unknown .
It happens to me all the time - I want my life to be perfectly planned and so I want to know everything today - better 'now' . I believe we should take informed and well calculated decisions - wise choices that work out the best for us . And so between the historical data and speculations of the future , our present is lost somewhere . Three years back around the same time when I was idling at home , I spent more than half of my time worrying if I'll get a job or fretting over the future of my career . Luckily I landed up with a decent job , and while working I realized I should have enjoyed the time I was at home - utilizing it for activities I wouldn't have time for later . Well change is hard to make - now life is back to full circle and I am in a comparatively better but same boat : anxious about my next job , hoping everything falls into place again ..and the list goes on . I envy people who have patience ingrained in them , how do they manage to be calm and composed with so many unknown variables looming around ? I think the trick lies in not thinking , but that is even more difficult to do , especially when you have loads of time at hand . So I end up with an if-then-else tree of all possible outcomes and solutions to those in event they occur and find out that a combination or completely different outcome occurs that I had not anticipated . And then when I look back at all my calculated thoughts , it feels like a complete waste of time - watching Tom and Jerry would have been a better option , atleast I wouldn't have taxed my brain so much and enjoyed that time .
Much harder than it seems , am trying my best now to live everyday as it comes - having an overall direction and strategy to what I want to do and where I want to go , but have left the minute details out of my plan . Wish me luck !!!