My hectic vacation in India has kept me away from blogging - lots of relatives to meet and catch up with , loads of tasks on the to-do list , limited availability / time for internet access ... you get the picture . I have been doing so much of running around that now I realize I never paused enough to think or retrospect . Occasions that made me cry , laugh , happy , sad , excited , contented ... all just flew by touching me superficially . And the same seems to be happening to everyone around - too busy in work and traveling that family comes last on the list . I met an LIC agent who came to our place at 9 pm on a workday and left at about 10 pm . Imagine how much interaction time he gets with his family . Homes in Mumbai are reducing to lodging / boarding facilities - spouses spend more time on cellphones talking to each other than in person and parents get limited time with children .... all making me doubt if we really know what is worthy in life and what isn't ?
There were some kodak moments that I'll never forget - having lunch on banana leaf with my husband and in-laws on Ganesh Chaturthi , the weekend my husband stayed over at my place and we played carrom with my parents , Rakshabandhan get together where I tied Rakhi after so many years , family get together where we had lot of fun playing games , enjoying with my tiny nephews and nieces , seeing the smile on my Nani's face when we went to visit her .
And there were some sad moments which shook me up - seeing a 4 day old kid come for a blood test as she was diagnosed with jaundice , seeing old people get up and down the stairs with great difficulty at an old age home , seeing my grandmother cry on hearing that we are returning to the States .
As they say "Thodi Khushi Thoda Gam" life is rewarding and punishing at its own terms . Looking forward to another phase of life in another location !!!