The past year has not been very good for me on a lot of fronts and I am happy its finally over. With the new year comes new hopes of new possibilities !! And as I struggle to succeed as an individual or a career professional , I have met some of the most extra ordinary people in very simple and humble settings.
I met a practitioner of alternative medicine who has kept in touch with me even now - months after we first interacted . I can email him my queries and he promptly responds with wisdom and advice .
I have come to know some very supportive and encouraging members at a regional Toastmasters club - they give you a pat on the back after every speech , show interest in your thoughts , guide you along the way - and all this with a smile !
I met a doctor who I consider the best doctor in the entire world that I have met till date - and I have visited him only once ! He was patient , caring , very knowledgeable and wanted to live by the ethics of his profession - he never called me for unnecessary visits , didn't make me undergo unwanted tests and his staff was his reflection too.
Then I met an adviser at a university who went all out to help me even on the last day of registration. He took out time to discuss my goals , what would be beneficial for me from both knowledge and finance perspective and was willing to help me in lot of areas outside his domain.
Then there have been people who don't seem to have any troubles in life - they have enough money (actually more than enough) , live a luxurious and healthy life , have a very good career - but they behave the opposite. They are deceitful ,selfish and non-trustworthy. They will not think of even taking tiny steps to help someone or behave kindly - the world revolves around their personal gains and needs .
The bottom line is - the only difference between the ordinary and the extra ordinary is the little extra !!!