Love - the four letter word that has the entire world spinning around it. Its just an emotion - everybody feels it differently and yet its universal. It has so many different ways of display - you can feel it in a mother's eyes,in a father's pat,in a lover's hug, in a greeting card, in a letter ... and the list goes on and on !
So I asked myself what do I love (apart from my near and dear ones) and here's what came to my mind :
1. I loved being in love ! - be it endorphins , adrenaline pumping through the body or whatever its called scientifically , the feeling is out of this world . Spending sleepless nights dreaming about the person , looking forward to meeting the person, reliving the moments spent together , the happiness of meeting , the sadness in departure , the excitement of secretly meeting to watch movies or eat in a restaurant , the preparation of special events like birthdays , anniversaries ... it makes you feel so special and the most important person in the universe !!
2. I love sunsets - and as luck has it , our apartment is west facing which gives us a million dollar view from the balcony in the evenings ; beautiful hues of the sun with the lake and trees in the backdrop and you might catch a glimpse of a few birds flying towards the nest to end their day - just picture perfect !
3. I love to travel - it was my ambition to cover atleast some part of all 50 states of USA before returning to India for good which was an impossible task , so I reduced it to atleast all the national parks which again was a long shot and so I have no more targets set :-).As much as I love seeing different places and planning these trips, I dislike the long drives which narrows down the list of places within reach. But each trip has been a unique experience and wonderful memories to last.
4. I love to eat junk food :-) - the health police in me forbids me to eat unhealthy stuff but what's life without breaking a few barriers .. so I devour junk food occasionally and treat myself to vada pav, puri , fries , sabudana vada ... - after all you need the germs and the bad stuff too to keep your immune system active and in shape ;-)
5. I love to sleep :-) - I am really not a morning person, and it takes a lot of alarm snoozes for me to unwillingly get out of the coziness of my blanket, my dream world and start the daily routine. One reason I used to hate my previous job is because I had to leave the home by 7:30 am latest to reach office in time - that was the toughest phase of my life. I wonder how people reach office like early birds; work timing has now been included as a consideration parameter for accepting a new opportunity.
6. I love to read - Books are my best friends, they have such a wealth of information in them, are always available, take you into a different world, cut across generations and eras...even though I have an ereader, I hardly read any ebooks, I still like the physical paper(sorry trees!) books I can flip pages, book mark(or dog ear) where I left off and carry with me on the go.
7. I love playing sports especially tennis, table tennis and racquetball. I hate cricket and am not interested so much in passive sports like chess(but I like carom). I think I won't like golf too so haven't tried (though I like riding the golf cart, think that's the only thing that provides any activity in it).As much as I like playing sports, I really don't like to sit and watch those on TV(its boring to see others play and provide expert comments)and except NFL I don't watch any other sports(there's no other excitement in winter except the Superbowl)
8. I love to google :-) - Roh is amazed at how I can search for any damn thing on the internet, he can't even think of search criteria at times. And I can search for all sorts of crazy things like 'how to eat a kiwi' (the most recent one).I need to pay a % of my salary to google I guess coz I rely on it so much from work related queries to recipes to medical information to ... search engine is one of the best inventions !
9. I really like to talk to kids - they are so innocent and have such an objective view of life unlike the subjectivity that gets induced as part of growing up. And their answers always make you smile ! Like when I asked my 5 year old niece over the phone what she was doing, she replied 'talking to you aunty' : who would have thought of an answer like that ! Next time when I asked her what her sister is doing , she held up the phone and asked her sister 'what are you doing?' - it was so funny ! When we asked a friend's daughter if she eats chicken she said 'we don't eat meat, we are vegetables'.And they really know how to live in the present !
