I live by these

"Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know it so it goes on flying anyway"

Meaning : Science is not everything , a living being has enormous potential and ability to surpass expectations !

Sunday, July 31, 2011

10 Day You Challenge - 8 Fears

Fear is so deep seated in us; it affects us consciously and sub consciously. It gets manifested in our thoughts and infects our brain and its actions.
Since we always want to be in control of our life, fears are events that make us feel helpless and handicapped - things that we cannot change no matter how hard we try.

So here's comes the dreadful post of scary thoughts I have:

1. The clock is ticking away and 2012 is just around the corner. Is it the end of the world or just another prophecy misunderstood? Who knows what's to occur on doomsday? We all might just live through it and happily continue blogging into 2013 or it could be the end of mankind and life on this wonderful planet. Humans have progressed so much over the centuries from the invention of the wheel to GPS and space explorations, it would be a pity if it all gets destroyed and we are back to evolving from an amoeba.

2. The population explosion is really straining our natural reserves. And the impact can be easily felt in the food industry. The farmers are pressed with such high demand that they resort to extreme measure of agriculture which in turn is reducing the nutritional value of the soil. I really dread the day when the soil is so full of chemicals and devoid of any nutrients in it that nothing grows out of it. Even if the asteroid of 2012 takes pity on us, the scarcity of food tomorrow is the biggest contender to cause the extinction of life on this planet.

3. Urbanization is rapidly swallowing acres and acres of land (especially in India). People today just want high rises to live in and work, roads to commute, shopping malls and other entertainment venues ... so is there any space left for open lands and trees? I believe not. Deforestation is on the rise and I really fear if this is allowed to continue as is then there wouldn't be greenery and open spaces left.

4. I recently visited an old age home during my last visit to India and felt so sad to see elderly people struggle to survive every single day. Some had the gift of health which made their life a little easier, some were not so fortunate.... it is certainly difficult to see the body deteriorating day by day, I get shudders even thinking about it.

5. Hardly do we realize how big a role memory plays in our lives - from identifying people, identifying relationships, understand the meanings of things around - even a simple thing like what a water jug does and how to use it, calculations, events ..... memory loss seems really dangerous !!

6. When I hear about terrorism, I feel the world is going to the dogs. How can someone take liberty of lives and inflict so much pain? With the extremist ideology gaining momentum with each passing day it is such a threat to every innocent human being on this planet. Their main aim to instill fear in people's minds and I admit I'm scared.

7. We have seen two deadly world wars in the past and international tensions have been on the rise lately. As with World War II where an assassination of a country's ruler and a dispute between two countries set up a rolling effect around the globe, it’s a very delicate thread - you never know when it snaps. It’s a selfish game of power and supremacy being played - arming such mindless people with nuclear power has been the worst that could happen.

8. As much as I admire nature and places of natural beauty, nature really scares me at times and I hope I never have to be at the receiving end of Nature's Fury. Earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes, tornados, volcanoes are all retaliations of the torture that Mother Nature has to undergo and the brutality that mankind inflicts on her for his own personal gains. What goes around ... comes around.