I live by these

"Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know it so it goes on flying anyway"

Meaning : Science is not everything , a living being has enormous potential and ability to surpass expectations !

Monday, August 15, 2022

Indian vibes

 Today marks a milestone in Indian history - it's India's 75th year of Independence. The theme this year is 'har ghar tiranga' which means each and every house will hoist the flag. There are celebrations everywhere - people gathering today to celebrate the hard earned freedom and pay respect to those who fought for it. It must be an electric feeling I can imagine. I love the National Anthem and it gives me goosebumps every time I sing it. And just like it's mentioned in the anthem 'Bharat Bhagya Vidhata' (dispenser of India's destiny), I feel India has shaped my life and destiny too. I have seen the good and the bad - bloody riots unfolding in front of my eyes as well as a secular land where people of all religions stayed amicably. The fight for survival is ingrained in each one of us - from securing admissions to schools and colleges to spending a lifetime of savings into a matchbox sized place to call home. But these struggles have brought out the best in me - made me resilient and worldly wise. Being a developing country opened up a world of opportunities - to travel, explore and work. A strong foreign currency meant transfer rates have been lucrative and we have been able to uplift the overall standard of living for our families. 

Though today I feel disappointed in myself. I have got attached to another land which I call home now, and have done nothing in terms of giving back to my motherland. I am part of an 'elite' NRI segment who left shores with selfish interests, many giving up their Indian passports in exchange of citizenship. We are the lazy ones - those who didn't want to bear the hassles of a growing economy. The only solace is that am not settling in the UK, I could never come to terms with it.

Proud to be an Indian - even though I reside outside of India, one can not take away the Indian inside me.

👇is one of the best descriptions I have come across