I don't believe in IWD - it's a farce to be honest. While everyone laments about the biases on SM platforms - hold my beer ! My life stinks of gender biases - I lost my identity and career aspirations to it.
Marriage was just moving from one traditional family to another - we are all progressive for the outside world but rigidly conservative for our own. A family of automobile engineers with businesses that manufacture brakes, clutches and one of the top automobile surveyors in the city - but hardly a few women are given the car keys or even encouraged to learn driving. I have lost count of how many times I have been told 'behave like a girl/woman' which means talk less, be meek and mild and more importantly submissive.
During a family conversation a woman is not expected to contribute to topics like sports, politics, economics, trading etc (you get all the admiration if you know all the recipies though). Which is why I never generated interest in these topics or never bothered to even make any comments.
However this year during the NFL SuperBowl half time, I got a text from a person I respect asking me 'how do you feel about it?' I had never imagined anyone asking my opinion on a game, in a lifetime.
Well, that one line text shows a promise for a better tomorrow - where no topics are off limits and as a society we are truly inclusive in everything we say and do.
The day we don't have to celebrate Womens' day is the day we have evolved as truly equal.