I live by these

"Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know it so it goes on flying anyway"

Meaning : Science is not everything , a living being has enormous potential and ability to surpass expectations !

Monday, April 03, 2006

Feeling at Home

"Home is where the heart is" goes the saying ....... and though my heart lies in India , I still feel at home here .
And the credit for all this goes to the amazing set of people I live and work with . Each person I've come across has been so welcoming , the warmth could be felt in the cold winter days here .Be it sharing the workload when I was heavily overloaded to taking me to the bank to finding tea ready when I wake up all dizzy eyed on a Sunday morning , I've never had any moments of trouble .
Everyone is a part of one big family here , we cook together , eat together , drink together (only juice till now :-)) , bitch about people at work together , watch movies together (the others watch and I doze off by the time the name of the movie comes up ) ....... and though everyone is busy clicking away at their laptops for hours and hours and each one is leading his/her own life with complete freedom ,theres still a bonding in all of us ....... people come and go , relations make and break , some friends remembered some forgotten ........ its a once in a lifetime experience to be in such an environment .......
And there is a lot of Indianness in so many things around .......
For one, the place I work in functions no less than our municipal corporation ....... applications work 'ram bharose' ..... no one knows what will happen next ......... foodwise we have everything available here right from maggi to chakris to pani puris to samosas ....... and every punjabi , south indian instant mix / frozen food ...... theres a shop called Patels where we get anything and everything Indian (even Mehendi cones) ....... and to give an extra Indian touch the road just outside Patels also has dents and small potholes .......
Long story short its been a very fast life till now , no time to sit and wonder what to do .....friends inviting you in all the activities that they do .... and with so many helpful people around life seems better and easier ...... hope I'm able to give back the same comfort feeling and the care I've got till now .