I live by these

"Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know it so it goes on flying anyway"

Meaning : Science is not everything , a living being has enormous potential and ability to surpass expectations !

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Information Overload .....

It seems amusing to hear this from me , who has a degree in Information Technology which ideally should have taught me how to disseminate the information available around , process it in the most efficient manner to enable the most informative and productive decision to be made ... phew !! Thats a lot of technical jargon which is best suited in office meetings and company emails .. but since I am on a break ,I'll give the techie part of my brain a little rest .... yes, I am perplexed and caught up in this world wide web .... how I long for the days where mothers and grandmothers were valuable sources of information , people we ran to and whose advice we heeded to whenever faced with a dilemma ... today when lifestyle and food habits are so drastically different than before , I have found a poor substitute of advice in the form of some mother.com or askgranny.com .... and the more I read , the more entangled my brain cells become .... one portal says 'soya is good for health' , another says 'soya causes cancer' .... one website proclaims 'studies suggest dark chocolate has shown healthy benefits in women' which some warn 'studies suggest eating dark chocolate affects fertility' ...... why can't the scientists and nutritionists make up their mind .... conduct a thorough research and broadcast the results to the world in a systematic fashion .... so confused people like me can take assured decisions in life ..... I eagerly await the days when I can go for grocery shopping with an uncluttered mind ( today I have a long list of unanswered questions while shopping : 'organic or not?' , 'low-fat yogurt or plain ?' , 'ultra pasteurized or unpasteurized milk?' and the list goes on and on ) .... till that day arrives I'll resort to my instincts and gut feeling along with the carefully selected data to prevent me from getting drowned in these oceans of information .