Twinkle twinkle little star ... how I wonder what you are ,
Up above the world so high .... like a diamond in the sky !!!
The nursery rhyme that I grew up with ... though when I learnt it I had no clue what it meant .... I was just beginning to learn words and irrespective of my funny pronunciations and actions with small tiny hands , it would bring a smile and pride to my parents whenever I sang it .
Fast forward 25 + years ( shhh I can't reveal my age ) ... and the rhyme still remains in me ... everytime I look at the stars in the sky I am left with awe and wonder ... those tiny specks of light are billions of light years away but they still make their presence felt . I read in some book that we are all made of stardust and I think that might be the reason we get drawn to celestial things .... born out of the same matter just different proportions and composition .... us , the earth , moon , stars .... all part of the universe .
I still need to brush up my knowledge on constellations and can barely detect any but it was this pursuit of understanding celestial patterns that has lead to so many advancements in civilization - the concept of time , calender , space are all by-products of this search .
Occasionally when I gaze up on a clear night , it feels like a daily show running in the sky . New stars are born , some die , some get consumed by black holes never to surface again ... but the show must go on ... very similar to our life on earth ... we have a cycle of birth to death and an energy source in us giving us the opportunity to shine and be a tiny star of our own league ..... our show too must go on !!