I live by these

"Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know it so it goes on flying anyway"

Meaning : Science is not everything , a living being has enormous potential and ability to surpass expectations !

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Mind over matter

We have all heard the proverb 'An idle mind is a devil's workshop' a lot .Well I have heard it a lot too and never paid much attention to it - till now . Though now I see it from a different angle - an idle mind is the ideal state to be in . Ask those who attempt to meditate and they would say it is the toughest thing to do - to keep your mind free of thoughts .Moments when one is able to pause the buzzing activities and thousands of thoughts hovering above are moments of true contemplation .The focus of 'what do I cook today' , 'plans for the weekend' , 'have I updated my manager' , 'will the project finish on time' , 'have I called up home in a while' shifts to 'am I being a good person' , 'how can I make my life better for my family' , 'is this good for the environment' .Gradually life gets simpler and more meaningful .

Of course paychecks and materials like home , vehicle are important to me but I relish the smaller things in life more - true blessings of my grand mother , kids' talks , quality time spent with hubby , joy of gardening .. these are things no president or CEO has time for .I feel lucky I have less money(=less worries)and opportunities galore to explore the true purpose of life .