I live by these

"Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know it so it goes on flying anyway"

Meaning : Science is not everything , a living being has enormous potential and ability to surpass expectations !

Sunday, August 14, 2011

10 Day You Challenge - 6 Places

We both love to travel and explore places - there have been very very few long weekends when we have stayed home.Trip planning is my forte I should say, it takes so much of effort to scout out places to visit, things to do and plan a trip - but I enjoy every bit of it ! And there have been hardly any places we have been to twice - there's fun in exploring the unknown, travelling to new locations and having different experiences.
Following is my bucket list of places to visit - wish I could just win a lottery to travel to some of them :-)

Alaska : 
If there is one place I would really really love to explore then it's got to be Alaska - majority of it is still pristine and untouched by mankind . I would love to take a cruise and visit the glaciers, see wildlife in action ( polar bears , whales , caribou crossing ), take an aerial tour of Denali, gaze up at the northern lights ... wow !! Wish this one comes true .


Bahamas :
Have heard so much about it from my friends who have been there , seen photographs of crystal blue green waters , white sandy beaches - the place really seems alluring and inspiring !


Seychelles/Maldives : 
Again have seen snapshots of the place in my friends' albums and it got me thinking that if the photographs are so good , imagine how the place would be in reality ! At times photographs don't do justice to the natural beauty that eyes can admire , and senses can feel - you have got to be there and done that !

Machu Picchu :
I never knew this place existed till I spotted it in a few of the NatGeo documentaries and I must say I fell in love at first sight with this one . It's the icon of the Incan civilization cuddled away amidst nature - nestled among mountain peaks and thick forests around. What more can you ask for ? Guess the Incan tribe living there never had the need to take a vacation .


Tibet :
I am a die hard fan of Buddhism though I don't follow it. Their ability to control the mind, lead life with principles and be humble to the core make them the best people on earth. Tibet seems to be such a beautiful beautiful country rich with heritage and a wealth of knowledge passed through generations. Its a pity that such noble and innocent souls are caught up in the power struggle and their heritage is being destroyed. I would really like to explore the country, understand its roots and teachings, travel to exotic locations and come back with a rejuvenated soul.

Egypt :
The word Egypt always brings two things to mind - pyramids and the Mummies. Watching all the Discovery and NatGeo documentaries on ancient Egypt has really got me interested. I would love to explore how the ancient Egyptian civilization thrived , their ideologies , their contributions to society - be it engineering, astronomy or their belief of the after-life.