I live by these

"Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know it so it goes on flying anyway"

Meaning : Science is not everything , a living being has enormous potential and ability to surpass expectations !

Sunday, September 18, 2011

10 Day You Challenge - 2 Songs

I am completely amazed by the world of music - it feels so much like DNA, you change a tiny pattern and its a completely different entity. Each rhythm has its own uniqueness and so much of music is churned out every single day but we don't seem to be running out of it. Then there are the lyrics - ordinary words with extra ordinary impact. Add to it another art - soulful singing and you get a magical product as an outcome.

Songs are such a beautiful creation - they can enliven our moods , lift our spirits and eliminate our loneliness.

And its not just us, here's a fun fact :
Tests on the effects of music on living organisms besides humans have shown that special pieces of music aid hens in laying more eggs. Music can also help cows to yield more milk. Researchers from Canada and the former Soviet Union found that wheat will grow faster when exposed to special ultrasonic and musical sounds.

I enjoy listening to songs and music in general and unlike movies can listen to songs multiple times. Choosing two songs is really really tough so I'll list a lot more at the end over and apart from these two. Also the list is based on my current collection, as I hear more songs or remember songs I liked earlier, the favourites keep changing :-)

1. Hey There Dalilah :
I must have heard this song hundreds of times on the radio and love it everytime I hear it. Its an intimate love song and having faced separation from my hubby(we were dating then) for a while all alone in a different land, I can relate to the emotions so well. It might not appeal to everyone who hasn't gone through that phase of uncertainty if everything will work out right. I feel so sorry for relationships that fade with distance - its difficult to overcome insecurities and loneliness when the person is miles away. Ofcourse life today is so very easy with video chat, smartphones and the internet but the older generations were not so lucky.
I urge you to give this song a listen !


2. Top of the World :
A light hearted love song which always makes me feel good ! There is nothing special about it but somehow it always manages to make me happy.

By now you must have concluded that I listen to a lot of English songs which to everbody's surprise is not true. Except the mundane radio I don't listen to English music and have no clue on the latest chartbusters or who the reigning performers are ! In fact I don't keep track of the latest Hindi songs either. And I am not a sucker for the oldie goldies, the music of today appeals to me much more than yesteryears. Surprise ! Surprise !

My other favorites in English category are : Waving Flag (FIFA version), You're still the one (Shania Twain), Hero lies in you (Mariah Carey), Everything I do (Bryan Adams)

Favourite Hindi love songs : Khuda Jaane(Movie: Bachana Ae Haseno), Aaj din dhalein(Movie : Love Aaj Kal), Kuch khass(Movie: Fashion), Jeene ke ishaare(Phir Milenge), Remix songs like O Hansini , Bheegi bheegi raaton mein ....

Favourite Hindi upbeat songs : Prem Ki Naiyya (Movie: Ajab Prem ki Gazab Kahani), Nazarein milana (Movie: Jaane tu ya jaane na), Oye Lucky Lucky Oye title song ... have tapped my feet to a lot of them but can't think of others right now

Another song worthy of mention is Ganeshaya Dheemahi especially the one sung by Shankar Mahadevan - I absolutely love it !

See you next week - literally :-)