I attribute this blog to my hubby who is an avid movie buff and who got me interested into watching them - yup, strange as it may sound I was never a TV person. Given a choice I would prefer to read or do some other activity rather than watching TV. My parents were very strict about bedtime so I never got a chance to watch the late weekend movies on Doordarshan too ! Even if I did turn on the TV (the day I woke up on the wrong side of the bed) I would scout for anything other than movies - NatGeo , Food channel , Cartoons .. Believe it or not, I have not watched Sholay till date ! Its only been a couple of years since I have watched quite a lot of movies. But I am still not interested in watching the same movie twice - its just not worth my time.
So here's a list of my top three winners
Bum Bum Bole :
Pinu loses his sister Rimzim's shoes so they both decide to share a pair of shoes until their father has saved enough money to buy a new pair.
A very simple and touching movie it has the right blend of ingrediants - innocence, affection, principles and a moral message without being preachy. It made me want to reach out to the two kids especially the girl for such beautiful acting. Another thing I liked about the movie is it doesn't stir up your emotions like making you teary eyed, angry or depressed. As I said before just the right mix !
Cars :
A pedal-to-the-metal race car determined to prove his worth on the tracks discovers that life isn't always about crossing the finish line first in this mechanically minded tale of friendship and loyalty.
I would prefer to watch animated movies anyday. If watching movies is considered as entertainment then it should be entertaining - not scaring you to death like the horror movies, on gross subjects like Saw or massacres, excessive action thrillers which get your adrenaline pumping and heart racing .. and that's the reason animated movies score a perfect ten with me. Light on the senses ,fun filled with a couple of good laughs and enjoyable ! I have liked majority of the animated movies I have watched till date - Madagascar, Tangled, Up, How To Train Your Dragon , Toy Story , Despicable Me ...its a long list :-).Cars is all about choice between ambition and values - a struggle we often face.
Charlie Wilson's War :
The movie tells the remarkable story of the Texas congressman whose efforts to prevent the Red Army from overtaking Afghanistan eventually led to the collapse of the Soviet Union while simultaneously fueling the rise of radical Islam.
I like to watch movies which depict reality or the partial truth but which are not crude or gruesome to the eyes. I would definitely not watch movies on war, partition , riots - so Charlie Wilson's War suits my needs. Also I was amazed to see the cold war politics and how openly they have admitted to the role played by US in creating and fostering the Taliban. Afghanistan : a country that is virtually barren, extremely under developed, has no natural reserves not even oil and harsh environment is now threatening the world - thanks to the clash of the titans. Other movies in this category which made it a tough choice are Page 3, Seven years in Tibet, Invictus and Fashion.
Phew !! Had a hard time writing this one - the next one is going to be tough too.
So here's a list of my top three winners
Bum Bum Bole :
Pinu loses his sister Rimzim's shoes so they both decide to share a pair of shoes until their father has saved enough money to buy a new pair.
A very simple and touching movie it has the right blend of ingrediants - innocence, affection, principles and a moral message without being preachy. It made me want to reach out to the two kids especially the girl for such beautiful acting. Another thing I liked about the movie is it doesn't stir up your emotions like making you teary eyed, angry or depressed. As I said before just the right mix !
Cars :
A pedal-to-the-metal race car determined to prove his worth on the tracks discovers that life isn't always about crossing the finish line first in this mechanically minded tale of friendship and loyalty.
I would prefer to watch animated movies anyday. If watching movies is considered as entertainment then it should be entertaining - not scaring you to death like the horror movies, on gross subjects like Saw or massacres, excessive action thrillers which get your adrenaline pumping and heart racing .. and that's the reason animated movies score a perfect ten with me. Light on the senses ,fun filled with a couple of good laughs and enjoyable ! I have liked majority of the animated movies I have watched till date - Madagascar, Tangled, Up, How To Train Your Dragon , Toy Story , Despicable Me ...its a long list :-).Cars is all about choice between ambition and values - a struggle we often face.
Charlie Wilson's War :
The movie tells the remarkable story of the Texas congressman whose efforts to prevent the Red Army from overtaking Afghanistan eventually led to the collapse of the Soviet Union while simultaneously fueling the rise of radical Islam.
I like to watch movies which depict reality or the partial truth but which are not crude or gruesome to the eyes. I would definitely not watch movies on war, partition , riots - so Charlie Wilson's War suits my needs. Also I was amazed to see the cold war politics and how openly they have admitted to the role played by US in creating and fostering the Taliban. Afghanistan : a country that is virtually barren, extremely under developed, has no natural reserves not even oil and harsh environment is now threatening the world - thanks to the clash of the titans. Other movies in this category which made it a tough choice are Page 3, Seven years in Tibet, Invictus and Fashion.
Phew !! Had a hard time writing this one - the next one is going to be tough too.
